Have the Best Summer Ever!
Our experienced instructors lead kids in fun, safe beach activities, including: surfing (our specialty!), paddleboarding, skimboarding, beach games, and swimming.
Activities are determined based on weather/water conditions; if conditions are unsafe on Lake Michigan, we will focus on land-based activities, then make up water-based activities another time. Campers also take turns with activities and equipment so everyone gets a chance to participate, and to allow for hands-on supervision.
If your child prefers to focus only on surfing and wants a more one-on-one experience, you may be more interested in surfing lessons. Our surf instructors love teaching kids and families to ride waves on Lake Michigan! Click here to learn about surfing lessons.
Camps are open to ages 6 - 12. We accept 5-year-olds who have an older sibling (age 6-12) attending the camp; are able to listen to instructors; and have some swimming experience and are comfortable in the water.
Pre-Registration Is Required!
2022 Dates + Pricing
Afternoon Sessions (1-4 pm EST)
Monday-Friday ONLY at Jean Klock Beach (St. Joseph)
• June 20-24
• June 27 - July 1
• July 4-8
• July 11-15
• July 18-22
• July 25-29
• August 1-5
• August 8-12
• August 15-19
Pricing (5-Day Session): $215 per kid
Dress your kids for fun activities in the water and on the beach! We recommend they wear their usual beach attire (such as a swimsuit, boardshorts, rashguard, and a hat), and to apply sunscreen before camp. Plan to bring a small backpack or bag with anything else they might need, such as sunscreen, a towel, a filled water bottle, and any extra clothes (including a sweatshirt or jacket for cooler days). We encourage you to bring a life jacket from home (write your name on the inside!).
We provide snacks and all beach equipment.
• After receiving your order, we will contact you to confirm your date and other details.
• If your plans change and your child is unable to make their scheduled camp week, please notify us at least 7 days in advance, and we will work with you to reschedule to a week that has space for additional campers. Please note that while we are happy to reschedule, there are no refunds on camps.
• For safety reasons, camp will be cancelled in the event of heavy rain or thunder/lightning. Parents will be notified of bad weather cancellations via email as soon as possible – as early as the evening before camp, but no later than 90 minutes prior to the start of camp (7:30 am EST).
• Camp will take place as scheduled in the event of the following weather conditions:
- Cooler temperatures and/or light rain – plan to dress your child in layers as needed, and we’ll adjust activities accordingly.
- High winds and/or rough lake conditions – our instructors watch lake conditions closely, and activities will be planned with safety in mind. For example, when lake conditions are unsafe, children will enjoy non-water beach activities, such as sandboarding.
• Each week, if a session is cancelled between Monday - Thursday due to rain/thunder/lightning, there will be a “make-up session” on that Friday (1-4 pm for morning campers; 9 am-12 pm for afternoon campers). This make-up session will only take place if a camp day is cancelled between Monday - Thursday that week, and will not be available as a make-up session if kids miss camp for other reasons. Only 1 rain date session will be available each week; no additional rain date sessions will be available if more than 1 session is cancelled due to rain. If a Friday session is cancelled, it will not be made up.
Kids (And Parents) Love Our Camps
"This is the only camp my son has ever raved about. Looking forward to attending again.”
“Kids LOVE the beach camp! The instructors are upbeat and fun! Kids can’t wait to go back next year.”
“My 8-year-old daughter attended a couple weeks of surf camp last summer and loved it. I told her she could go to any weeks it's offered this summer, and she jumped up and did her happy dance for half an hour!”
"My daughter learned a lot, had fun, and made new friends. She is already looking forward to next year! And the camp counselors were amazing!"