Our Rental Gear – Sandboards and Sand Sleds
Combining elements of snowboarding, skateboarding, and surfing, sandboards and sand sleds are exclusively designed for riding down or across the face of a dune. Our rental sandboards and sand sleds are made of hardwood decks and an extra-slick base material, with specific wax used to reduce friction. (You just won’t get the same kind of experience with snow sleds, snowboards and other gear not created for use in the sand.)
Ready to Ride?
• Reserve your sandboard or sand sled in advance here.
• Look for a confirmation email with details about your booking, and follow instructions for filling out your electronic liability waiver.
• You will pick up your rental equipment at our St. Joseph retail store at your selected date and time. Remember, we are on Eastern time!
• Our rental crew will direct you to the appropriate locations for sandboarding and sand sledding. Please note that it is prohibited to ride in areas other than those indicated by our staff.
• Come prepared for the weather (dress accordingly, apply sunscreen, and bring water), and plan to climb back up the dunes in between rides!